I International Seminar
I International Seminar Critical Thinking in Education
Research, Training and Future Prospects
1-2 July 2013 – University of Aveiro / Department of Education, Portugal
Consistent with the research that has done by some of its members, the CIDTFF (Research Centre “Didactics and Technology in Education of Trainers”) located in the Department of Education, University of Aveiro will carry out a Seminar focused on Critical Thinking in Education, in the different education cycles (from pre-school to higher education) and the different disciplinary areas. It is important to compare the approaches adopted in different institutions of higher education, to know about the diversity of training experiences, to realize the limitations and the opportunities in this area.
There are several questions on which it matters to reflect and discuss. Among these are: What are the key developments that have been done on Critical Thinking in Education? What are the current trends? Which conceptual frameworks have been used? How have they been operationalized? How has the training on Critical Thinking been done? What difficulties have been met?
Thus, the purposes of this seminar are:
- to analyze and discuss the research and training which have been done on Critical Thinking in Portugal and other countries.
- to establish an agenda for research and training in the area.
- to build a network of researchers and trainers on Critical Thinking in Education.
This seminar is intended for those who have done research and training or wish to start or deepen the reflection or research on Critical Thinking in Education: teachers / educators, trainers and researchers of all education cycles (from pre-school to higher education) and of different disciplinary areas, such as Languages, Natural Sciences, Physics and Chemistry.
- Theoretical frameworks of reference
- Research and Innovation on Critical Thinking
- Intersections with other constructs such as Literacy
- Training focused on Critical Thinking
- Development of Resources which promote Critical Thinking
- Technologies and their use in facilitating Critical Thinking
- Assessment of Critical Thinking
Conferences and oral presentations (15 minutes to present + 5 minutes for discussion)
A. Structure of the proposal to be submitted (see dates below):
2. Author (s)
3. Institutional Membership
5. Abstract (from 300 up to a maximum of 500 words)
B. For the full text (3000-8000 words) the attached format should be followed (Download template)
- General – 35 €
- Higher Education Students (1º, 2º e 3º Cycles) – 15 €
- Submission of proposals until the 3o April 2013.
- Submission of definitive texts until the
21 June1st Jully 2013. The Organizing Committee intends to publish a book with the definitive texts reviewed and accepted by the Scientific Committee.
- Registration until 21 June, according to the attached form. Although the registration is free for the members of the Scientific Committee, for the Professors of the Department of Education, for the Researchers of the CIDTFF, for the Students attending courses in the Department of Education of the University of Aveiro, for the Teachers of the Colégio D. José I and for the Cooperating Supervisors, they must still fill in the registration form.